Musculoskeletal pain refers to bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscle pain. Injuries and autoimmune disorders cause them. The pain can be so debilitating that even bending to pick car keys can cause excruciating pain. Getting proper treatment helps to alleviate the pain. Dr. Jaymes Granata in Las Vegas offers comprehensive treatment for musculoskeletal pain and provides a patient-centered approach to meet patient’s specific needs and manage unexpected injuries.
Types of musculoskeletal
- Bone pain– They are caused by fractures resulting in bone pain.
- Joint pain– It is caused by joint inflammation and stiffness.
- Muscle pain – It is caused by tumors, muscle spasms, cramps, and injuries.
- Tendon and ligament pain– They are caused by sprains, strains, and overuse injuries.
The pain is caused by the following;
- Overuse at work and sports
- Poor posture and prolonged bed rest
- Muscles, bones, and soft tissue infection
- Tumors that put pressure on tendons and bones
- Fractures and dislocations due to injuries
- Muscle loss
- Arthritis and scoliosis disease
The pain quality varies based on the location, and the following signs accompany it;
- Dull, sharp, stabbing, and deep pain in the bones
- Impaired movements
- Sleeping difficulties
- Muscle twitchiness
- Bruising and redness
Orthopedics starts by taking your medical history and asks you when the pain started, what you are doing, how it feels, where it hurts, other symptoms, and what makes it worse or better.
The following tests will help to pinpoint the cause of your pain;
- Blood tests to determine signs of inflammation.
- X-ray and CT scan to determine bone fractures.
- MRI scans to determine soft tissue problems.
- Infection and crystals that cause gout are determined by joint testing.
The following helps to control musculoskeletal pain;
- Relaxation and biofeedback help to reduce stress hormones, therefore, lowering the perceived pain.
- Acupuncture and acupressure help to stimulate energy points hence reducing pain.
- Therapeutic massage helps to relieve pain by pressing and rubbing muscles and soft tissues of the body.
- Strength training helps to flex muscles, release muscle tension and soreness.
- Chiropractic care helps in the damaged spine to manipulate appropriately.
- Osteopathic manipulation therapy helps to relieve pain, increase range of motion and promote neck healing.
- Physiatry and physical therapy help restore range of motion, strengthen the body, and treat injuries and disorders that impair your ability to function.
- Topical analgesics such as lotions, creams, gels, and ointments are applied to relieve pain.
- Ice packs help to relieve sports pain.
- Non- steroid anti-inflammatory drugs help to reduce inflammation, lower fever, and prevent blood clotting.
- Corticosteroid injection into the affected area to relieve pain.
- Herbal, vitamin, and mineral supplements to reduce pain.
- Aids and devices such as orthotics, braces, cervical collars, taping, and lumbar support solid muscles and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures such as arthroscopy, joint replacement, soft tissue, and cartilage repair are used to repair more severe pain that does not improve independently.
Consult your orthopedic today
Musculoskeletal pain can be a nightmare and even make simple tasks become chores. Getting an early diagnosis and treatment will put you one step ahead to ending this nightmare. Book an appointment with Battle Born Bone & Joint Center in Las Vegas to get rid of the musculoskeletal discomfort once and for all.