There are so many people suffering with Ptosis these days. What is Ptosis? This is simply a droopy eyelid condition. Look at your face in the mirror, and if you observe sleepy looking eyes, then Ptosis can be the reason. Droopy eyelids may occur due to various reasons. Take a look below to know what they are!
- Regular usage of contact lenses
- Eye surgery
- Excessive eye rubbing
- Horner’s Syndrome
- Muscular problems
- Eye trauma
- Eyelid swelling
- Botox injections
It is easy to find specialists for Ptosis in Peoria. There are so many surgeons available for Ptosis across the world. However, if you are looking for the best surgeons, then you must definitely visit Peoria. Arizona Ocular & Facial Plastic Surgery is where you can find the best ptosis surgeons in Peoria. Hence, choose a surgery center like this if you are looking for ptosis treatment. Ptosis is completely safe when done by a good surgeon.
What are the symptoms of ptosis?
Apart from droopy eyelids, below are the other symptoms of Ptosis.
- Double vision
- Crossed eyes
- Forehead and eye fatigue
- Watery eyes
When should you contact a doctor for ptosis?
If you observe the above symptoms for a long duration, you must immediately contact a doctor. Otherwise, they might turn into a major problem in the future.
What to follow after the ptosis treatment?
- It is important to getenough rest. Avoid watching television for at least 6 to 7 days after the treatment (as this can stain your eyes). You also need to avoid spending time in front of your desktop or laptop at least for 6 to 7 days post-
- Make sure that you avoid wearing eye makeupfor at least 1-2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid exposing your eyes to too much sunlight for at least one week post treatment.
- Check with your doctor whether you cango out or not after receiving the treatment.
Apart from taking care of the above things, here are few tips for you to reduce the severity of conditions like ptosis.
- Include foods rich in vitamin Ain your diet. Some of these foods include carrots, green leafy vegetables, etc.
- Practice yoga daily–but not immediately–after the treatment.
- Make it a habit to apply cucumber slices on your eyes daily before going to bed.
Take an appointment with a good surgeon today to get rid of ptosis permanently!